I was privilege to be part of the landmark SMME Development Day as chairperson of the implementation committee. The event is the first of its kind at Unisa and is expected to attract about 500 suppliers who are SMMEs (EMEs & QSEs with 51% or more black owned enterprises) within and outside the Unisa Supplier Database.
- Kick start the Enterprise and Supplier Development program at Unisa that will capacitate about 250 SMMEs annually over a period of three years from 2018 to 2020.
- Sensitise the Unisa community on the strategic role of Enterprise and Supplier Development to the university’s transformation agenda.
- Create the connecting building blocks on challenges faced by small, medium-sized and micro-enterprise (SMMEs) at Unisa.
- Facilitate access to information for SMMEs on business opportunities available in Unisa, as well as the Enterprise and Supplier Development programme for empowerment.
- Serves as an opportunity for networking, information sharing as well as avenue to get better understanding of Unisa’s procurement procedures and processes.
- Displaying and marketing of SMMEs offerings. Suppliers wishing to showcase their product offering should book a ‘free’ stand at the event. Limited stands available.
- Channel the path for the establishment of Enterprise and Supplier Development programme at Unisa.